Thursday, October 23, 2008

Benefits Package

I have a deal to propose. A contract, if you will. I understand that it may be difficult for most of you to want to keep in close contact while we live in the glorious state of Alabama. Visiting Alabama??!!! I understand.

But this is what I want you to consider. I want you to think about the return investment... it may just sway you to think twice about saying "so long" to good ol' Jaren and Brenna.

Here's what I'm prepared to offer: After Alabama, there is a good chance that we could go somewhere wonderful. Say - Italy? Germany? Japan? Hawaii? These are all of our top choices. If you don't completely botch our friendship in the next two years when it is easy want to forget that you even know someone in Alabama - you may come and stay with us in our "fun place!"

What a great idea!

Now lets get down to business. Jaren has his orders. He is to report to Alabama on December 29th, 2008. He is reporting to Warrant Officer Training (they call it WAFT) - and then he has SERE's school (POW training). I will be remaining here in Utah for at least another month - trying my best to secure all decent friendships before heading off into my own personal combat zone.

6 comments:

David and Taryn said...

Yay, he got his orders! There's a light at the end of the tunnel finally! At least they were nice enough to let him stay in Utah for Christmas before moving away from everyone. I will for sure stay in touch with you through blogging, and if I ever make my way to Alabama while you're there, I'll totally come visit!!! After all, if you end up in one of those other places and I go there, I'm going to need a place to stay!!! :)

Leenz said...

C'mon! Dothan sounds awesome, who wouldn't want to visit you there?

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Wow those came fast. We are going to miss you. We will be coming to see how the relief society president suits you in Alabama. You are going to love it!

Gwen said...

WWWAAAAAHOOOOOOO! I'm so glad you don't have to wait any longer!!!!!! I like the deal you struck with all of us. You are on! I won't really be able to travel much until you are living somewhere exotic anyway! I'm glad you have this blog. Having a blog has helped me keep better contact with family and friends than anything else. I love you Brenna and always will. You are so friendly I have no doubt you will make more friends in Alabama. CONGRATS!!! I am so happy for you both!
Love you!
Gwen

embeins said...

Army Family Action Plan - saweet.

Please see if there are Grandy's restaurants there for me, if so, that increases the chances of us coming. If not, please report on other "diner" style restaurants that have drive-thrus. Man, I love the South.

Leah said...

Brenna, now really. If we can make it through 14 years of friendship, do you really think that a little thing like Alamba is going to do anything to us? Especially if I get to visit you in Europe or Asia at some time in the future? ;)
I'm excited for you! I hope everything continues to go well!!!!