Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Military Wife

Ladies and Gentleman, I have an announcement to make! Jaren was officially accepted yesterday into the Warrant Officer Program. Tomorrow he will be sworn into the Army (again), and we will be awaiting orders.


Translation= We now are for sure moving to Alabama. We just don't know when, until he gets his orders. Orders can say we are moving anywhere from in two weeks to 6 months... so who knows. We are hoping to get orders on Wednesday. That may optimistic - hopefully not. If I'm honest - I'm growing a little weary of waiting.


It's a little strange that my life is taking this turn. I mean, technically I've been a military wife for the past four years now - but... in reality - I haven't felt like a "Military Wife." Now that we'll be moving on base, and living there for the next 6 years - I will have to get used to that title. Hooaa! ??


There is a sense of pride in my husband and in serving our country - but let's be honest - I'm also terrified of the idea. Waiting to get into the military has been so much "out of controlness" that I am a nervous for 6 years of "YOUR SOUL IS MINE."


I pray for adventures overseas - after our two year stint in good ol' Alabama. That seems fair. Do two years in hell - and you'll get something kinda nice.


Who knows, maybe in two years you won't be able to get the cowboy boots off me, the accent will be so thick you'll think I was born there, and my anthem will be "Sweet Home Alabama."


Only time will tell.


Maybe I should make this official by adding a logo. Yes that feels cheesy - perfect!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

You have such a good attitude. My husband recently decided to apply of residencies out of the state, and I am going crazy because there is so much unknown. With me Bret chooses where to apply and can turn down anything...boy you and your husband are brave and awesome.

David and Taryn said...

This is a bitter sweet post for me. I'm so happy that your wait is almost over, but sad that we won't get to see you anymore when we do girls night out. :( I hope for you though Jaren gets his orders soon so you can quit putting your life on hold.

(And the cheesy logo wa a perfect touch!)

D. James said...

Congratulations! I just took my oath on Friday.

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Wow this seems crazy. I am so sad you are leaving. We need to plan to get together. We could do dinner and a movie or the usual at our house. I called you the other day. Tag your it!

Gwen said...

Brenna - you are hilarious! I love how you write. More waiting to come BUT you know for sure that you are going and where. That does help a lot. Congrats again! We are so happy for you!
Love,
Gwen