Thursday, October 9, 2008

Proud Wife

I want the world to know that I am a proud wife today. Jaren had his local board for the warrant officer program yesterday. We have been anxiously waiting since (forever?) he got out of flight school for this day. This is the first board (of two) that will review Jaren's file and determine whether or not they feel he is qualified to be a helicopter for the United States Army.

I keep telling you he's perfect, and yesterday he proved it! 100%. He "maxed" his board! In other words they think he's as good as it gets.

Now what? Oh... well I'm getting good at this = we wait. We wait for them to send his paperwork off to the national board, and then for those people to determine (what we already know) that he is MORE than qualified to be a warrant officer and gain entrance into the helicopter program. This process could take as short as 11 days (12 if you count yesterday), and could go until the end of the month - resulting in us finding out at the beginning of November.

What does this mean? It means that as soon as November Jaren could be journeying into his dream.


And as early as November - we could FINALLY be moving to Alabama. Now lest you think that the above mentioned "FINALLY" is excitement - you should know that it's just been a very long, long, (dare I say long), long process. I am ready to move forward, even if it is to that "special" place called Alabama. I am; however, very excited for Jaren to be able to be flying again, living out his dreams, and to see the sadness of waiting (and not flying) leave his countenance. There is nothing in this world that makes me more happy than to see my husband happy.

I'm so proud of you Jaren!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow, congratulations!!!

I bet Alabama is a cool place to live. People are so nice down south!

D. James said...

Congrats to both y'all!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

It saddens me that you are leaving but happy that Jaren and you will get to finsih what he started. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

DON'T GO! :( :( :( just kidding. Seriously, i'm happy for you too. I HATE feeling stuck. I'm gonna miss you guys more than you can ever know. Call me. :)

Leenz said...

Congrats Jaren! We knew you had helicopter skills.

Gwen said...

100% huh??? WOW!!! Greg is playing xbox while I catch up on my blogs and he is excited for you both too! When I was in the Army ROTC I too learned the "hurray up and wait" addage of the ARMY. Good luck to you both. We love you!
Love,
Gwen and Greg