Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

There is one holiday that truly reigns supreme in the workplace. Christmas? Valentines Day?
No!
It's Halloween!! It is the one day at DCFS that our office really gets into things, and just decides to have fun. It takes a little bit of planning (all client contact should really be limited to phone calls and emails) - and definitely no court. But if you can get your schedule right - who doesn't like to go to work as a rotting corpse from Alabama (yes - a joke referencing the loss of my career "life" as I head to Alabama)

I owe a big thanks to Kirk for coming to work and doing my makeup. Man, I'm hot!

My love for Halloween has grown as I've been a supervisor. Its such a great excuse for team bonding. And let's face it, in my line of work - my workers need to take a little break from the stress and heartache of daily crisis. Here is a dessert my worker, Beth (a new addition to my team), made for our potluck! Read the headstones... they are hilarious!

Each year we have a contest to see who has the best team office space decorations. This year we made our little annex into a graveyard! I really do need a before an after shot. It's hard to tell how truly amazing this transformation was. It's hard to see from this picture, but the orange lights are actually a tree. There are gravestones and leaves all over the room.



This is a coffin that Jaren and my father helped me make. It was super creepy. A little weird to transport around I might add. You should see the looks you get on the road when you have a coffin in your car.


Ruben (right) was our undertaker. The rest of the girls were dead cowgirls (like me). Unfortunately my camera died right before the team photo. Boo Hiss!

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are so funny!

Laura said...

You look dang scary! That is awesome that you went to such lengths to decorate the office. What a fun holiday! I've always wanted to be that house in the neighborhood that is kind of like experiencing a haunted house just to go up and get your treat. You definitely will be that house with your sweet skills. I'll have to take a lesson from you! -Laura

Leenz said...

That is so awesome! Your makeup freaked me out, I defintely wouldn't have recognized you.

David and Taryn said...

I love Halloween, it's so much fun to do stuff like this. Dave doesn't get into it so we don't do much in decorations lately. You looked awesome!!

Cheryl said...

That is crazy! A professional makeup job to say the least. You look fantastic. I mean, you look terrible, but great at the same time, eh? That's so funny.

Gwen said...

Bren - THIS ROCKS!!!!! I love Halloween and this year was the least we did with decorating and celebrating! I love it!!! Your costume is sooooooo cool!!!!
Love,
Gwen

Summer and Brandon said...

okay, I'm scared. Even with your big smile, you look dead. Nice Brenna