Thursday, November 6, 2008

Hunter Green

Do you guys remember when Hunter Green (or sometimes called Forrest Green) hit big in Utah? I do. 8th grade. I had an entire outfit of Forrest green clothes. Pants, shirt, vest (!!!), and even a huge bow to go with it.

Boys may not remember it as well - because they were too busy wearing their Catch and Release shirts, or their No Fear shirts.

A friend of mine said something about her Hunter Green ski gloves, and I was instantly transported into a wave of nostalgia.

Go ahead, I know your dying to share your favorite nostalgic memory in your comment - Forrest Green related or not.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hunter and Forster Green...oh how that color looked good. I particularly like when it was pair with sunflowers.

D. James said...

Yeah... my dad's Explorer was Forest Green. And when Mel and I were looking at reception centers, she vetoed a place because it was Forest Green.

Good times indeed.

Leah said...

That was always my best color. And try as I may, I can't find the right shirt anywhere now. I guess I'll just have to wait for the good-ol' days to come back.

Cheryl said...

I just went for the permanent fixture of hunter green carpet. In its day it was awesome! It's day lasted about that long... a day. Now you go into that room and are, like you were recently, transported back to the 80's.

Gwen said...

Hilarious! I love the comments! This one brought me back to the "Girbaud" jeans fad! All I remember is BEGGING my mom to let me have just one pair! She never gave in because of the rediculous price for that silly lable! It was hard for me then but now realize how right she was!
Love,
Gwen