Friday, April 25, 2008

Pre Race Jitters

What? That is too me!

It's the bike isn't it? That's what always gives it away.

I have my first race of the season tomorrow, and so in my pre-race checklist I have :blog.

Hello, have to write about your puking butterfly sensations.... Anywho... so last night I had a dream. I dreamt that I did the race, and then checked out my run times afterwards to find out that I ran an 11:43 min mile for three miles. Someone save me! Today has been spattered with incidental knee pain, a headache - and oh, I think I have a tumor! Really!

It's only a short one tomorrow, but I swear on everything that a sprint hurts more. Dang. It's that word - SPRINT. It's like a mental hemorrhage for my brain to accept the fact that I have to go all out.

Anyhow, think I'll just go eat some carbs now. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww...i wish i could be there to cheer you on! I hope all goes well, no...i know you'll do well! :) Good Luck!

David and Taryn said...

Wow Brenna, first race tomorrow! I'm still so impressed that you are doing this. It is so cool. I wish you all the luck. I'll be thinking about you. Post and let us know how you did! :)

Siobhan said...

dun nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh. cha cha cha cha cha... dun nuh nuh nuh nuuuuuh.... cha cha cha cha cha. You freaking rock bren. I am so proud of you for doing so well. I really look up to your drive and willpower to overcome anything... even the pukey sensations of prerace jitters. I LOVE YOU!