Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Brenna's 5's - Tagged by Taryn

10 years ago: I was 19, just left BYU with a broken back - and was a bit of mental case.

5 years ago: I was living in Sandy with my 5 roommates. Heather, Rachel, Marnie, Tina, and Jen (who turned into Andrea a few months later). I was getting back on track spiritually, and made a Gospel Essentials teacher (one of my favorite callings). I was rock climbing a lot, and starting work with DCFS.

5 months ago: I was looking forward to Jaren getting his Certified Flight Instructor's license. I was already training for this year's triathlon season. I was a month into living at my in-law's house.

5 Snacks I enjoy:
1) Reisens
2) Popcorn
3) Another meal :)
4) Cheese chips (that's what my in-laws call em... I affectionately know them as Nachos!)
5) Cashews

5 things I would do if I were suddenly a billionaire:
1) Go rock climbing around the world.
2) Hire my own private chef! I would be so skinny - and eat yummy food! YES!
3) Buy Jaren his Ferrari F-50.
4) Buy Jaren his own helicopter (and invest in his helicopter company).
5) Pay off my debt - my family's debt - and save / invest everything else so that my money would work for me!

5 of my bad habits:
1) Carbohydrates
2) Getting frustrated after 11:00 pm - just go to bed!
3) Feeling like people must be mad at me if I haven't heard from them in a while.
4) Trying to please everyone.
5) Stressing out over other people's problems (especially family stuff).

5 places I have lived:
1) West Valley - born and raised until age 13.
2) Sandy - age 13- 18, and multiple other times in my life (like right now)
3) Provo - age 18
4) Avenues - age 22
5) Yosemite - for one month age 21.

5 jobs I have had:
1) Zumiez - keyholder (Crossroads Mall)
2) JP's Collision Repair Center - Detail technician (this means I cleaned out cars, sanded, pulled tape - whatever my dad made me do), also did sales and marketing for my dad.
3) Mr. Rags- Assistant Manager (Fashion Place Mall)
4) Odyssey House - Support Staff for a drug rehab - one of my all-time favorite jobs!
5) DCFS - started out with CPS, then went into Permanency work (foster care), and now I'm a supervisor.

5 things people don't know about me:
1) I crave meat all of the time (ok, so most of you probably do know that!)
2) I used a fake tanning lotion for the first time this month... kinda streaky. haha!
3) I don't like raw tomatoes. Seriously, shouldn't a vegetarian like those?
4) I hate it when people cheat at swim practice - "Wow!!! Really??? Ya gonna just sit there??? Why did you come???" ---- I might need some therapy on this.
5) I'm an official blog stalker - I have been known to read people's blogs that I don't even know. Usually happens when Jaren won't get off the dang X-box!

5 people I tag: Emily, Gwen, Lena, Erin, Siobhan

3 comments:

Siobhan said...

I would like to say that I never cheated at swim practice.. bouncing off the bottom of the pool was not cheating! at least I was not just sitting there!!!

Gwen said...

I knew about the tomatoes... I made a salad once with them in it and you told me how repulsive they are to you ;-). Very cool. I love to hear about this kind of stuff. It makes me feel old. We are getting old aren't we?

Love you!
Gwen

embeins said...

...interesting, that's all I have to say. Well, and, these things might come in handy when having to share a confined space with you for 27+ hours.