Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Committed

"Don't bother doing something, if your not going to do it right." That's what my father always said. So when I hear ugly sweater party... I think... 80's. That's when I wore my ugly sweaters.


I show up at Lena's... and there she is all cute and pretty. What the crap? Has my partner in all things crazy gone soft on all of her lortab? Has her foot pain confused her? Has she fallen astray?

Not an option! I practically had to force her to let me ugly her up a bit. Lucky for me she is on lortab... Ratting hair that could have been made into a cashmere sweater it was so soft.... Hairspray (that will fix it) ... blue eye liner rubbed across my finger to rub on her eye. Pinkest of pink lipsticks. Bueno!

NOW THAT'S AN UGLY PIC!
Lena you were such a good sport. Thanks for letting me have my way.
Oh,... and then I show up to Emily's and she's dressed to kill? What the ....??? Her sweater is actually cute. I would totally wear that! And her hair... not 80's at all. Good thing she likes me... otherwise Lena would have killed me for sure. Show up to a party looking like this - and then see cute Emily = death to Brenna. Pigtails and Pink and Orange eye makeup... way to go Em!
Kathy... well she needed no such assistance. She is a kindred spirit in crazy 80's. A little too good at it though.... hmm.... Kathy... admit it - You totally still try and wear your sweater around the house!
What a great night.

3 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

You are hardcore in all you do. Oh and my sweater was hideous and you know it. It looked like someone barfed all over me. Good times love ya!

Leenz said...

I am commenting to say that I have no comment.

embeins said...

This is FRICKIN' ROCKIN' - I love it. Em is right, you guys are hardcore, and it makes me feel like singing some Poison, and having a TAB.

Seriously, that is a way to ring in a new year.