Thursday, January 31, 2008

Janis

You know when you write your blog - you should be cautious. Cautious about who and what you talk about. You never know when your sister might read your blog- and read that she was freakishly not mentioned... anywhere in it.

When your sister makes a comment to your mom... that's when you know your in trouble. I was in disbelief. I know that I've mentioned her somewhere!! Really? Nowhere? That's wierd!


Well that's the predicement I'm in. It's not that I didn't mean to, just somehow didn't.


So in an effort to repent of my sins of omission, here we go:


Ode to Janis

Janis, I love you. Not the stupid three words that you just "say"... but the three words that one who feels an overwhelming feeling in their heart uses. You are a great older sister (I didn't want to use big sister - you would purposefully take that wrong). You are an amazing mother, and I have no idea how you simply keep your head on your shoulders. You were definitely called to the family that you have been given. Only you (well - and Lee of course) could raise your children, and whether they love you or not today - they know that your doing the best that you can. At least I hope and pray (every day) that they know that!

I am grateful for the understanding compassion you have shown me. I am blessed to have you in my life. Even if that means that Thanksgiving and Christmas may have doubled (tripled with Scott's efforts) in size (and craziness).

Well ... there you have it. Your own post dedicated to you. :) You must make a comment - or there shall be none further! Haha.. just kidding.

If there is anyone else out there that feels shunned by my commentary - please know that my blog is primarily a selfish idiocentric rant that others can read and adore me by. (If that didn't make you laugh - then you probably don't know me well enough to be reading this blog... so move along!)



This picture reminds me of a time when life was a lot less complicated... but my love for the poeple in this picture has only grown with the time (and all of the complications).

1 comment:

Disgruntled goddess said...

Awwwww...

You know I love ya sis!