Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Let's play catch up

So it's time.  Time to play catch up, and get this blog back on track.  So much has happened, and unfortunately so much will be left out.  But I will try my best to just get things out (even if they don't flow all that well together!).
On May 6th, 2011 at 9:33 pm our precious little Mila Mairin Brooks was sent (on loan) to our family from Heavenly Father.  Let's just say that she was 9 days overdue, and boy was I getting impatient!  Her delivery was a DREAM in comparison to her big sisters.  I had to be induced again, but this time I had much more control over all the decisions, and ultimately ended up feeling very happy about how things went.  
Mila was born 8 lbs 10 oz.  She was 2 oz larger than her sister.  She was born at 21 1/2 inches long (same as Alta).


We were so surprised to see how much hair miss Mila had!  Because it was all wet, we weren't sure if it was red or not, but it was sure looking it.  A few hours, and Mommy was sure.  It took Dad weeks to be able to see the red in it... (and after all that money we spent on getting Jaren lasik, and he's still blind!)


There's no denying that Daddy is in love with his new little girl.  Alta's had him wrapped for years, but it only took a few seconds, and Daddy's heart grew some more.


 She looked so much like Alta when you put a cap on her.  I don't think she looks much like her sister now - but that might have to do with how much hair she has.


Mommy, is of course, in love!  Thank you Mila, for making this labor SO MUCH EASIER!  I don't even look like I've done anything.  Ahhh the miracle of the second baby!


Mommy Kisses



I just want to gobble these little toes up!


Daddy's girl already!


 So... lets just jump a few months and give ya a looksie.  She's growing up so fast!  Her hair turns more and more red each day.  It's like she was born with a dye job, and I'm just washing out everything but the red!  I love it.  She has really started smiling, and just like her sister, her little nose crinkles up when she smiles really big.  I love that crinkle in between her eyebrows when she smiles.  She also loves bath time.  Which just makes me so happy.  Nothing more fun to bathe a happy baby!


Speaking of baths, here's a child that's gonna need one.  Our own little "wild child" having her way with some watermelon.  Alta adores watermelon.  She would eat an entire one if we let her.  Mommy would not like the diaper repercussions the next day.. and so she has to learn moderation at a very young age.  Unfortunately for Mommy, Daddy likes to teach her indulgence!  "Look Mom, this watermelon is as big as my head!"


Get it girl!
 (Notice her little crinkle that she gets in between her eyebrows... same as Mila!)


 She does clean up pretty well though!  This is her first shot sporting pig tails in the back.  Her hair is getting so long.  It's got such a tight curl, that you can't really tell how long it is.  But when it's wet it's going past her shoulders in the back.


This summer we spent a good amount of time in Alta's kiddie pool.  She loves the water, and loves to splash.


She also likes giving her Mommy sassy looks.


Alta had fun with Cora in her pool too.  Add in a dog, and we are having a great time!



We had a trip to Utah in June.  It was originally scheduled for June 15th.  But on the 3rd, I got a call that I will never forget.  My precious nephew Jameson, 15, returned to Heavenly Father.  I will write a separate post about Jameson soon.

While in Utah, we blessed Mila.  She screamed the entire blessing.  Grandpa Brooks told Jaren that all he had to do was pinch Mila if he couldn't think of anything else to say.  I'm wondering if Jaren got confused and just pinched her before he started the blessing.  Poor little Mila!



Utah had some really fun times, including my first fourth of July parade!  I got to join right in with Alta and Mila in loving the floats.  I learned about the Brooks family tradition of throwing the candy back at the floats, and how much fun it is to just celebrate this wonderful country in this way.




Aunt Kara and cousin Kayden


God Bless America!


Alta giving her sister some love.


Alta and her Aunt Marci


Mila smiling for Kara


While in Utah, some of my good friends that I met in Alabama came to visit me.  Katie happened to be visiting from Texas to Utah, so she swung on down my way!  Kristen brought her kiddos and we had a fun time!  The running gang was almost back together!



We took the kids to Hoagle Zoo.  Alta had a great time, and was definitely more into it than ever before.  She had so much fun with her cousins!


We had a quick drop in with Summer and the Jenny's.  Love these girls,and it was awesome to see them.
Summer is hiding her belly, but we sure are excited for her little boy to arrive!


I don't know how it happened, but we didn't end up getting pictures with Kaybi (another friend that I met in Alabama, but now she lives in Utah).  But here I am  holding Kimber in the background.  Alta as you can see is telling us how delicious these oreo balls were.  YUM!


Amy (another friend from Alabama) drove 6 hours to see me.  I love my Army wives.  You don't get to see them for a year, and when we are back together it's like you've never missed a day.  Hey Amy, you wanna come over and scrapbook?


Unfortunately due to the family circumstances I didn't get a whole bunch of pictures with my family.  I did get this one sent to me from my sister Meghan, of Alta and her Aunt Siobhan. 


We stayed with Jaren's family, for over a month, and Alta got to spend a lot of time with her cousins (who were also living there).  A healthy competition for Grandma's attention developed with Alta and Koby in the center ring.  


This trip to Utah was unlike any of my others.  It was awesome to see family, but it was definitely overshadowed by sadness and loss.  The one thing it really did help to accomplish, was create a feeling of gratitude in my life.  I am so grateful to have been able to spend time with the ones I love.  I'm so very grateful for the people that made efforts to spend time with me.  Living far away is very difficult, especially since Utah will probably always feel like home.  But for those brief moments we get to share our lives together again - it is awesome!

See, Mila agrees!  



Oh wait, that wasn't what we were trying to say!  :)  This is:



6 comments:

Jaren said...

I love the pictures. Just what i needed

Leenz said...

Great overview! I thought it flowed nicely. All the pictures are so cute. I got to see Mila awake! Glad that you had a fun visit, we enjoyed it too.

heatherrimmer said...

I can't wait to come visit!!!! October cannot come fast enough!

Katie said...

Glad to see you back in the blogging world :) I can't believe Alta is a little girl and not a baby anymore! And Mila...cute as ever. I absolutely adore their red hair. Awesome pics!! Love you guys.

Kaybi said...

Oh my darling, I miss you. XOXO

Kristen said...

Great update post! It definately "flowed" well. I love that I made your blog :)