Friday, June 6, 2008

Half Squishy-man tomorrow

So... instead of calling it a Half Ironman, I'm going to call it a half squishy-man. That doesn't seem so scary does it?

My friend Summer - a beacon for all thoughts encouraging and positive - gave me a game to play during my event. She challenged me to think of the highlights of my race as "sprinkles on top". Whether it's the fact that the guy next to me has snot dangling from his shoulder (unsuccessful release of the "farmer blow"), or not stepping in a pile of dog poop (to come back around that loop and see the foot print in it!), or just being out their in the sun having a good time. Whatever hilarious things I see, I'm looking for them. In the meantime I'm gonna be working in 15 minutes sections....hopefully that's easier to handle. It's also the time that I will be eating or drinking something. And you all know how much I like to eat!

At any rate - look for a hilarious post coming soon on my travels to Burley Idaho.

1 comment:

D. James said...

Good luck tomorrow! See you tomorrow night where you hopefully will be able to walk.