Monday, March 17, 2008

The 17th of March comes and goes

I've received several calls today asking for an update. Some of you are aware that Jaren was originally supposed to meet before the Warrant Officer board today. Well he didn't. The Army couldn't get his physical scheduled in time, and thus he couldn't meet before the board. He goes to Washington (state) tomorrow to get his physical. He'll be there until Thursday night. Hopefully he will not have any problems with his vision, and that won't be something to hold him back.

After his physical we are hoping that the board will schedule a board meeting for him (and another applicant that also couldn't get his physical done in time). If not, it looks like we will have to wait until April to have him go before the board. That would mean another month of limbo!

I'm taking this one day at a time folks! Today my goal is to help Jaren get packed for his trip. I'll think about tomorrow when I get there! So much of our lives rests upon things that are completely out of our control - and yet - when is it not like that (really!)? I trust my Heavenly Father to guide my family to where it is supposed to be. I spend a lot of time thinking about the lesson that I consistently keep getting taught: "Your not running this show Brenna!"

Anyhow, I just want to say that Jaren and I appreciate all of the prayers, and the phone calls of support. We are lucky to have such great friends and family.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Good luck to you both. I miss you and love you. Kepp me posted.