Wednesday, March 19, 2008

He's Blind!!!

My husband was born blind. This is his twin brother Nate! Although they appear cute and cuddly, I should warn you. They bite!




Every mom has naked pictures of their child. Well this was Jaren's!










As the bat-boy grew, he moved past his features of his mother, and developed more human-like attributes. Note that he did retain the "beady eyes" and the bat-like hair.


He continued to morph. Gradually shedding his dark and untamed fur-like hair. Mind you... still the beady eyes!


Eventually all the hair was gone.... but the eyes. THE EYES! THEY REMAIN!



20/400!!! BLIND!!!





I share with you the progression of my husband from bat to battered for a reason. His Army physical in Washington today proved one thing. He's still blind. This however is not the end for Jaren and his dreams to fly! Mind you... bats still fly! Why shouldn't he?


Well Jaren gets to have a laser beam slice his eye (lasic surgery). Best news is that he gets to have a non-military doctor do it. Translation = we get to stay in Utah while he gets lasic. That means that we will be here for a while... hopefully most of the summer. After lasic (and the 3-6 months of healing) - the thought is that there won't be anything keeping him from getting in the Army full time to fly helicopters. It's his dream, and I can't wait for him to be able to do it.




That's Jaren! Flying a helicopter... all by himself!

So Alabama will just have to wait a little longer....

4 comments:

Burtons said...

Brenna,

Oh my gosh!!! All 3 pictures look just like the bat!!! Jare's mission picture looks just like the bat....cheek bones and all!

Thanks for completely making my whole day/night!

Eric said...

I love the picture of Jaren flying the helicopter all by himself because it looks like he is not doing a great job. he is way off the runway and facing the wrong direction... HA HA!

Andrea said...

I'm glad you are not leaving right away! Good luck Jaren! Brenn, I got your 3 palattes! Time to play. I'll call you friday. Maybe we can play friday night before or after the wedding. -A

David and Taryn said...

This blog made me laugh so much! "
The Beady eyes!" It's funny cause it's true! (We love you Jaren!) Glad you will still be around for a while and Jaren gets to have lasik.