Sunday, November 25, 2007

Gratitude

There are so many things in this life for which I am grateful. But I think that during this season it's important to take time to truly think about the things that I have been given. I'm truly a blessed woman. I have everything I need, and then some:


I have a family that is incredible. No matter how many times life gives them a beating - they keep going. They push through things that would put most people over the edge. And even sometimes when I feel like that's where we are headed, somehow everything works out. I am so thankful that I have been sealed to them in the Temple for all time and for all eternity. I hope and pray that I can live worthily to obtain all of these blessings with them.


I have in-laws that put the Cleavers to shame. They literally are the most loving and accepting people I've ever known. They have brought me into their home with open arms, and have accepted me for the crazy, hyper-emotional, overly sensitive person that I am. Janet is my living example of what Christ would want me to be. She is the most productive person, and everything that she accomplishes, she does without complaint. She is generous, selfless, and thoughtful.



Next, I'm so glad that I feel things the way that I do. I'm blessed that I've been given this gift to feel things so intensely. I would be lost without my feelings. They are my guide. They let me know when I'm straying away from being myself. And if I haven't cried over something beautiful that day - well then... I'm probably sick. I'm also grateful to have the physical body that I do. I joke often that I'm built for crossing the plains... or bearing children. Hopefully if/when either of those come to pass - I'll really be able to handle it. I do know that it's built to work.... and work hard. I find joy in physical activity - and in pushing my body to it's limits. I worry when I'm not sore from something - I usually feel lazy when that happens.
I'm also thankful for my friends. They are good people. They help me to be a better person. They make me want to stretch myself in new ways, and examine areas for improvement. They encourage me when I feel lost or frustrated. They direct me back to the Lord, and back to nature - both things that bring me back to center. Both things that give perspective and meaning to the seemingly endless days of working.

I saved Jaren for last. Just like dinner, when I save the potatoes for last - I save what I love the most for the last...






I simply cannot imagine my life without him. He is my balance. He is my best friend. He is my coach, cheerleader (most masculine cheerleader you'll ever know right?), and my tissue holder. His shoulder doubles for a Kleenex. I love him so much, and I am so happy that he convinced me to just give him a chance when I was so sure that I was done dating anyone and everyone. I'm lucky that he keeps choosing me every day. He is the kind of person I want to be.

2 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Jaren you are tagged - check my blog. Russ

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Brenna you are awesome and give me insight to different perspectives in my life.