Saturday, March 22, 2014

I LOVE Saturdays!

Oh, the joy that a Saturday can bring!  Today was AMAZING!  I began my day by sleeping in!  (Honestly, this might have been the best part of the day)... and thanks to my loving husband, I got to sleep all the way to 9 am.  When sleep deprivation is this consistent, a good night's rest is priceless.

Up next - Pedicures with some friends.  Jaren stayed home with the kids (really, aren't I the luckiest girl?), and I went out with my friends Crystal and Julie.  We were just going to go to the salon at the PX, but I couldn't be happier that they didn't have any available slots for us.  Because, this meant we got adventurous and went out into the vill.  Again, plans were foiled, and the place we knew of didn't have any openings, but we pressed on, and found this gem of a place called Honey Nails.

I knew it would be fun when I saw Dr Fish on the outside.  What is a Dr. Fish you ask?  Well... let me show you:


Basically, they eat all the dead skin off of your foot.  It tickles something fierce.


It was a fun moment of bonding over something totally foreign and different.  And I loved it.  And it was nice to have some adult conversation while pampering ourselves.  Julie and Crystal are my neighbors, and I feel so lucky and grateful to have been lead to such quality friends.  Blessed indeed.

After that, we headed over to the Katusa Snack bar for some Dolsot Bibimbap.  Basically, it's my go-to food here in Korea.  Bonus points for the best cucumber Kimchi that I have tasted thus far!
  
When I got home, Jaren and I packed up the girls and headed over to Sapgyoho Hamsang Park.  Ok, now this is an amazing find!  A fantastic park / playground for the kids!  They had everything!  Slides, skate ramps that the kids had taken over and were using for more slides, tire tube swings, rope swing crossings, pirate ships, and more.  Just an amazing place to play - and without all the bubble wrap you see in the States.  You could really play on it, and you could get hurt. I loved watching my girls test their limits, and see what they really could and could not do.  This is my kind of park.  I love watching Mila really be as fearless as she is.  




Alta plays in such an imaginative way.  She has all of these friends inside her head, and she makes up amazing stories to go along with her adventures.  It was just fun to watch.

And then we found the ships:  


All Aboard!!


Then we found Tanks!



 (Equipped with a toy gun for all the good little boys and girls to practice shooting their parents)... Yes, Alta immediately shot Dad.  What else was she supposed to do?  Oh, go put your head in this appropriate for kids cut-out?  Totally.


Yup, we are in South Korea folks!  

After that, we wandered past some street vendors.  Selling... oh the usual.  



Yeah, that octopus totally fell out on the street.  Like ya do, when your an octopus livin on the street.  
After that, we found ourselves in a mini carnaval... only it's permanent.  Jaren and I found ourselves smiling beyond what we thought was possible for not riding a single ride.  To watch your kids squeek with delight as they brave a ride - WAAAAY better than any ride I have ever been on.  The joy of watching your kids find joy is just the best thing I have experienced on this earth.  I love it.




Yup, it was an amazing day.  I feel blessed to live here.  Blessed to have the family I do.  I hope you had a good Saturday too!  XOXO


2 comments:

Christine Short said...

Living overseas showed me how lame American playgrounds are and how we pamper our kids. They learn a lot more and take more chances after playing on REAL playgrounds. Litigious Americans make it no fun for the rest of us who love to play!

Daphodil said...

Those fish pedicures are awesome! They had those in Greece too. This sure looks like you are having a great time.
muaw.