Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm coming home, and.......

We are feeling truly blessed and excited. I'm at 14 weeks now, and we are praying with all our might that we are out of danger. We have had a couple of scares thus far, and truly began to wonder if we should even make a public announcement. However, with my return home, and my belly beginning to look like I've given up my vegetarian lifestyles and switched out for my long craved McDonald's Cheeseburgers... there will be no hiding it.

It is our hope and faith in the Lord that has brought us this far, and gives us the encouragement to share this with our world.
Isn't our baby adorable though? I really love this picture. I happen to have A LOT to choose from. Lots of trips to the hospital = lots of ultrasounds = lots of pictures.
Anyhow, the Dr. says things are going fine now... and although it's been bumpy - we should ok.
Jaren has been the best husband any woman could ask for. He has been waiting on me(quite literally) day and night. He has remained optimistic, patient, and kind. I feel so lucky.

On the funny side - I'm craving meat, and hate the taste of most vegetables. Which is very hard for me at this point. I'm not even considering switching until I'm out of my morning sickness (better named all day sickness) phase, because I wouldn't be able to tell if I'm puking from being pregnant or from the meat.
I literally had a dream about a larger than life meatloaf... it was so beautiful and juicy, and I was trying to get to it, but a force field kept pulling me away from it. And no I'm not anemic. We've checked with the Dr!!!
Anyhow, I fly home to Utah tomorrow (Sunday), and will be there until around the 21st or so. I'm so excited to see my family and friends.
The plan is to then drive with my family back to Arkansas to see my Dad's side of the family. Spend about 10 days with them, and then have my friend pick me up on her way home from St. Louis. Wow! Lots of fun.
Meanwhile, Jaren got held back from SERE school, so he won't even start now until May 25th, and that's barring that he doesn't get held back again. So it looks like I will still have two weeks alone here in Alabama. Boo hiss. Oh well, at least I get to see Utah, the mountains, and my loved ones for a while. And Jaren - he'll get to play lots of X-box while I'm gone, so he should get a nice break. :)
Oh, and one more thing. Here's a video with the house updates (now you can't kill me Marci):

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hoorraaaayy!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!! And morning sickness is so horrible. I hope you are feeling better!

Leenz said...

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so thrilled for you!

me said...

Yahoo! Ryan and I are so thrilled for you!!! Owen wants us to arrange a marriage if it's a girl :)

xoxoxoxox, Meghan

David and Taryn said...

Yay!!!! That is the best news ever! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to see you.

Marci Brooks said...

Thanks Bren!! I loved the house tour! haha... I'm glad that I could motivate you to keep us out here in Utah informed on your Alabama life! Can't wait to see you in less than 2 hours!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

We are so excited for you and Jaren! Congrats.

Leah said...

Oh my goodness! And I was just talking to Julie Hammond about you. I'll have to call her and tell her the news!! Yippee!!!! CAN I SEE YOU WHILE YOU'RE IN TOWN?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This Idaho Girl said...

I knew it! I knew it! Congrats to you guys. Have you looked into changing your ticket at all? Southwest is very flexible that way. If you're flying Delta, it is also possible. Worth checking anyway. Enjoy your time with family.

Amanda said...

That is awesome! I am so excited for you guys!! Yeah!!! Morning sickness is aweful isn't it. But it is a good sign so you have a little to be grateful for it. I dreamt about food all the time, mostly cause I was starving. I started to get over it around 15 1/2 weeks, I still get sick everyonce in a while but I think that is normal. Congratulations!!!

~The Dippold's said...

I am so excited for you. Sorry you have been so sick. Hopefully things will get better. :)