Friday, April 17, 2009

Family, Gardens, Projects, Beaches, and Easter!

Spring is in full swing. With it comes tornado warnings (this equals me sitting in my closet wondering what would really happen if one hit my house). Spring has brought many surprises into our lives. One of which was a surprise "save the day" trip by my mom and brother to Alabama. They stayed for a few days, and brought with them many miracles of love.

One of which was the help in building my garden. This is my brother Scott. I am humbled by the love he showed in never growing tired. He helped Jaren build this, and just kept going, and going, and going.

This is the finished product, well kind of. Jaren added a bunch of peppers in the corners after this. So it's even more full. Hopefully everything will have room to grow. First garden, so I have a lot of learning to do. Mom helped me rake the leaves in the back yard, and get things picked up.



These are the flowers they planted.... before the tornado winds and rains. Good thing flowers like to grow.

Finished product:
A close up of my cute planter! Love it! Look out Martha Stewart!
It was so wonderful to see my family and to feel of their love for Jaren and I. I am so thankful that they would sacrifice everything and just come out here on a moments notice. It made me so grateful to have the families that I do. I am a lucky girl.
After my family left, I was ready for another project. I decided to refinish some furniture. This is the before (including the mess in the guest room):

Refinishing means a lot of sanding. JOY!!!And then priming!
When that project is finished - I will give you some pics - along with that tour of the house I've been promising. Don't worry, I will eventually get to that.

Anyhow, after that there were a few more weeks of rain (lots of rain). We were feeling a bit of cabin fever, so we made our way (with some friends) to Panama Beach. It was gorgeous, warm, and romantic. I was so happy to be able to swim. Swimming just makes everything feel like home to me.

The next day was Easter. We enjoyed the sunshine at home, and had a good time at church. This is what the Easter Bunny brought us... I love our matching camo baskets. We are such dorks. (Mom, please note that the weather radio [aka tornado informer] is there!!!)

6 comments:

Marci Brooks said...

I know you are missing home.... but it sure makes me jealous looking at all of the fun you are having!!!! You know how much I love a good project and the beach/ warm! Thanks for the pictures and update! Love hearing about life back there! Miss you and love you!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

It looks like you are doing great! It is freezing in SL still. Glad to know you are able to enjoy some nice weather. I have been meaning to call and chat. You look great!

David and Taryn said...

This was a really cute post, loved the pics. Looks like you are starting to get settled in. Your garden looks awesome. We sure miss you!

This Idaho Girl said...

I am so jealous of your garden. I wish my brother would come and build me one (but he has no man skills). We have yet to make it to the beach but hope to when P gets home from SERE school. Did you recover from your kidney stones?

me said...

haha! also just kidding on asking about your garden in my email... and asking for your URL for that matter. Yeah for your garden! Yeah! Yeah!

Gwen said...

Brenna I love how funny you are! You really should write for a column or something. Especially your last post about the ER - HILARIOUS in a not-so-fun sort of way. You have a great way of telling stuff (hinding in the closet... I can TOTALLY see it!).

That is so great that your family came out to see you guys. That is so sweet! My sweet family is already talking about coming out to Michigan. We are so excited! It makes all the difference having their love and support.

GREAT GARDEN!!!!

Oh yeah... your word verification thing is still on.... any way you want to de-activate it for your Gwennie's sanity????

Love you!
Gwen