Monday, August 2, 2010

Hello Summer!

Summer is flying by, and EVERYTHING is changing. Especially our little peanut! Just today she said her first intentional word: Dada. Of course, I've been telling you all along... she's a Daddy's girl!!! Honestly, it was so cute. She just kept saying Dada over and over and over. Tears ran down my cheeks as I realized that my little girl is growing up. She also figured out clapping two days ago. I am just amazed at each step along the way, and how truly exciting it is for Jaren and me. I know everyone feels this way about their kids - but it's finally MY turn... and well... I'm just in love.

Anyhow, this summer has been packed full. Here are some of our fun memories and pictures:

You have to start out with the BEACH! This time the water was warmer, and Alta loved it! Mommy loved the 10 hour shopping fest with Marci and Momma Brooks. Daddy did not really love the shopfest.

If we weren't at the beach, we were headed to the pool or cooling off with a bath. As you can see, we both can't get enough of the water in this Alabama heat.

There was a trip to Utah... and all of the old Party house roomies got together (well... not all of us... but a bunch of us). Here are some of our kids. I don't know about you, but I think we do nice work! Ps... I love that Alta is just so excited to be with all of these kids!

Also while in Utah, I got to go ride a couple of times with my brother and sister. We were training for Spudman this year. Although I didn't get to do it... I truly cherished the time I got to spend with my siblings. Scott is happy, because he beat my old time (by 3 minutes). Looks like I'll have to do it again soon to show him who's boss. Ha! Meg did a great job too, and I'm super proud of her!
We also got to take Alta hiking... at Alta. So beautiful.

As you can see, we both belong in the mountains.

I got to see my old team from DCFS (or at least a few of them). I miss working with them more than they will ever know. It was great to see them again, and to eat some yummy Thai food!


Back in 'Bama, Alta was learning to follow in her Daddy's footsteps. She's already mastered hovering. Look how confident she is!


Well, life continues to move quickly, and I'm just holding on for dear life. I'm grateful for my new little family, and for how much joy they bring to my life. Until next time, this is Brenna signing out.

5 comments:

Amy C said...

Bren,
You look FAB! Thanks for the post, it is nice to see how much the little peanut is growing. Brace yourself, now that she has started talking, she will never stop! HAHA. Miss you.

Stephanie said...

Alta is so dang cute! Isn't it fun to watch them grow!

This Idaho Girl said...

Oh how I miss you! Alta is looking so big and long! Glad to see that she already enjoys hiking. She has no choice, really. She is your child afterall.

Marci Brooks said...

:) Love it... Love you guys!

Alta's 2nd word: Mommy
3rd: Marci

Record it for me, will you?

Rachel said...

Hey Bren,

Great post. I love the pics of you and Alta. You are such a cute mom! Hope you are well!