Monday, June 22, 2009

Special Announcement!!!

Drum roll please!!!!!!

We are having a baby girl! Jaren and I couldn’t be more excited. We would have been happy to have a boy. However, we have both felt very strongly that this baby was going to be a girl, so it’s very comforting to know that our parental instincts aren’t completely missing.

Here are some cute pictures with some photoshop help for the ultrasound reading impaired:



This is an important time to note that I have more self control than I thought. I went to the ultrasound while Jaren was at SERE school. I asked my ultrasound tech to not tell me what we were having, but to put a couple of pictures in an envelope (which I had her seal right there!), so that Jaren and I could open it together when he got home. Then I wrote on the sealed part “DO NOT OPEN BRENNA!” This is where my true genius came in, and I hung the dang thing on my refrigerator. Who does that? A masochist that’s who! I walked past that thing all day for two weeks. Sometimes I contemplated putting other notes on it… like, “You would be selfish to open this without him”, or, “Don’t you even think about it!”

But alas, I didn’t… because I knew that deep down; I wanted him there for that moment... and that he should be the first to know besides me (lets face it - the whole world would have known before him if I opened it before he got home) Anyhow, it was totally worth it! It was a great way to welcome him home from SERE, and a fun memory.

Here is a picture of my baby bump.


Jaren and I took a trip to the Florida Caverns last weekend. We enjoyed the 110 degree heat index, and being chased by mosquitoes outside the cave. Luckily inside the cave was a cool 63 degrees. It was a perfect little trip for the two (almost three) of us!


10 comments:

me said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Could I be more excited for you? Only if you were moving to Seattle!

I am so thrilled, Flynnie (always Flynnie to me, sorry Jaren).

Miss and love and kiss and hug!

Marnie said...

Congrats! We are thrilled for you guys. Your baby bumps looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Russ and Emily Christman said...

You look so cute Brenna. Congrats to you and Jaren I am so excited for you guys. Love Em.

David and Taryn said...

I love the pics of the ultrasound with the comments! And Brenna you look so cute preggo!

I also have to say good job on the self control and waiting for Jaren to find out her gender. That would be pure torture for me!

Love ya, T

Mindy said...

HOly Cow! I have meant to keep in touch but horrible at it! I am so excited for you! I am also excited that you are having a girl. Perfect! Hope you guys are doing well.

Gwen said...

YEAH!!!!! It was so good to hear this directly from you but it is fun to read too! The caves look fabulous... alright deary... moment of total truth - you look BEAUTIFUL and you don't look as big as you are saying. Seriously, you look GREAT! I love you and miss you so much!
Love,
Gwen

~The Dippold's said...

That is so exciting!! How are you doing?? You are so cute! :)

embeins said...

So C-O-O-L, that is awesome news for y'all. Welcome to the world of expecting parents.

Derek & Penny said...

I am so excited for you! HOw are you feeling these days? We need to go swimming soon. :)

Leah said...

You make me miss being pregnant--and that is quite a feat! I'm totally excited for you! A real-live babysitter for all the other kids. You're SOOOOO lucky!! :D
I miss you. You're always such a delight. Oh, and Jaren, I miss you too. ;)