Thursday, August 28, 2008

Love

Love is God's answer. It is the way by which we heal. It has radically changed my perspective, my purpose, and my very being. And when things don't work out the way that you plan - well... it's good to remember that you are loved, and that you are carried in the arms of a loving Father in Heaven.

I am grateful for all of the support that has been shown to Jaren and I. We are moving forward in faith.

I truly feel that my friends and family have given me the strength to wake up another morning, and to go outside, and to find hope and happiness in darker times. I am grateful for each prayer, phone call, email, flower, cookie, or visit. I am grateful for those that could talk for me when I just couldn't make another call. I am grateful to those that weren't hurt by me not calling... and still showed compassion and love.

I don't claim to understand this life, but I do know that those eleven weeks were a gift. More than anything, I am grateful that Jaren could help me to understand this. And yes, one more time - I feel humbled to have such an amazing person as my soul mate.

7 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

I truly believe we are given trails in our life for a reason. I am so happy this has brought you and Jaren closer.

Footprints in the Sand

One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord. Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.

In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand. Sometimes there were two sets of footprints, other times there was one only.

This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life, when I was suffering from anguish, sorrow or defeat, I could see only one set of footprints, so I said to the Lord,

“You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you, you would walk with me always. But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life there has only been one set of footprints in the sand. Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”

The Lord replied, “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints, my child, is when I carried you.”

Mary Stevenson, 1936

Lindsay said...

Sorry for your loss! I understand how you feel! Hang in there!

Disgruntled goddess said...

The world may never notice
If a Snowdrop doesn't bloom,
Or even pause to wonder
If the petals fall too soon.
But every life that ever forms,
Or ever comes to be,
Touches the world in some small way
For all eternity.

The little one we long for
Was swiftly here and gone.
But the love that was then planted
Is a light that still shines on.
And though our arms are empty,
Our hearts know what to do.
Every beating of our hearts
Says that we do love you.

Author Unknown


I saw this today and I thought of you and Jaren.

Love you sis.

D. James said...

All our best and we're sorry to hear the sad news.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for the reminder that even when things don't go the way we expect we are in His hands and all will work out for the best in the end. I'm sorry to hear of your loss. my prayers are with you.

Nanon said...

You know I love you!

Gwen said...

I love you Brenna. You are such an example to us all.
Love,
Gwen