Sunday, September 23, 2007

Twilight


Every once in a while you get that chance. That chance to escape. That chance to be someone else. In a long list of my obsessions I have a new favorite...
I have found a new appreciation for love, and for the excitement that can be found within. My imagination has been unlocked. I am thinking about the world and the way I interact within it in new ways. I wore red lipstick this week...
Do you remember as a child - when the world was not set within the bounds of reality? Do you remember the feeling of playing, and being sure that you literally could fly? Or that if you needed to suddenly be able to disappear - that it was a possibility? I think all of us long to return to those days and have our imagination become an integral part of our brain again. Well it's back... at least for me.
When you read 600 page books (yes plural) in a matter of two days - you know that it's something that has a hold on you. My heroin I keep calling it. I recommend it only to those who desire to have their life high-jacked. And trust me... this series is worth the high-jacking!

4 comments:

Russ and Emily Christman said...

She is going girly on me.... girly is fun and red lipstick is hot. I bet Jaren loves it!

embeins said...

What is it with women and these books? I mean seriously, a vampire pedophile who's really old? Can it get any creepier? Needless to say, Michelle too has been infected by these and read them all about a month ago in pretty much single sittings.

I can do the same thing with a bag of Cheetos and an XBox. :)

Leenz said...

Hey-- they got me through some pretty long flights to Delhi. I'll take what I can get.

Anonymous said...

"Sorry," he murmured so softly that his voice was part of the darkness. "I didn't mean to wake you."

The stillness was peaceful--not like the calm before the tempest, but like a clear night untouched by even the dream of a storm.

In my opinion, these are the best writen lines in the entire series so far. I, like you, had my entire life high-jacked by these books, and i can't wait for the next!