Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I'm gonna have to ask you to go ahead and come in on Saturday...mmmk? Thanks!






Well boys and girls... there's a new sheriff in town. I don't quite know how it happened, but I am the new supervisor for the Fashion Place South Towne (e - cuz were ghetto like dat) Office. A Permanency Supervisor - I implore you to think permanent thoughts!

Anyhow... this is the big promotion that I have been waiting for. So now - all I have to do... is not screw it up. Which hopefully won't be as hard as being a dang caseworker. I don't envy my caseworkers job... I've had it for that last couple years - and it's hard. REAL HARD!
But the best part is - I laugh all of the time about thinking about how I might actually become a Michael Scott or a Bill Lumbergh. I find myself thinking stupid things and pray that my workers don't catch me. Oh the joy!




2 comments:

Leenz said...

Ha Ha. You need to get a big bag of cheetoes and play tetris all day. Oh wait, that's what the non-supervisory employees do!

embeins said...

Let me put on one of my "hats" and share with you the pains and travails of management. Now that you're not a case worker, you're no longer one of "them". Your speech will begin to morph into sayings like "let me run that up a flag pole to see if we can get traction", and my perennially fall back, "I gave you a really good evaluation, but my management changed it to fit the curve".

Have fun in your new role, I don't envy it, and that's why I'm the happiest manager with no direct reports at eBay. :)