Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Jar - Bear


My husband: Outdoorsy army guy wearing shorts, combat boots, and standing like a 12 year old black girl arching his back with his booty out. Perfection!


I have never known a better person.... seriously - I know a lot of good people, and he takes the cake. I am constantly bewildered at the thought of winding up with such an amazing man. I'm your basic nut case: stressed out, overeating, hyper-emotional, and overly sensitive. He's laid back, calm, patient, and supportive. I had my life plan mapped out when I was in 3rd grade... maybe earlier. Jaren took enough credits in college to have a bachelors, but wound up with an associates because he could never decide what he wanted to do.


This blogging thing is making me realize all that I have to be grateful for... I wonder how long that effect will last? Anyhow, I am so lucky to have this man in my life - let alone be married to him. He is my caretaker, and I do my best to help him realize that you should actually put away your clean laundry.


Oh, and he loves my family. Which is not entirely easy. I mean, I love em - but I was born into it, so it's my job. But he handled the initial scorn of our engagement (cocktail ring?!!!), by pointing out to me how hard it might be for my family to feel like they might loose me. Amazing!

So as an added bonus, I said he was supportive, but here's an example:


I decide that I want to be a triathlete. I have been a climber, a swimmer, a runner... now my brain decides that I need a bike (that's nicer than my car) and a lot of workouts. He sells his jeep to help buy me a bike debt free style. He buys me a tri suit for a gift, and then signs up this year for Spudman just to be doing it with me! He lets me pay all of this money for gear, races, and coaches. He even gets a bike so that he can come ride with me. Oh, and did I mention I was the recipient of a new iPod for our anniversary, because my old one took a crap? Meanwhile, he's driving around in a chester (the child molester) type car, with no radio.


Anyhow, I'm blessed. And he even lets me cry, gets me water at night before bed, and lets me eat his ice cream when I just put mine up because "I can't eat anymore."
And he took this picture - he actually took the one on my last post too. Most pictures that I post will probably be his, because once again, he's talented.

1 comment:

Leenz said...

You did get a good man. But he got a GOOD woman!