Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A first in a line of many


So I have this friend, Lena. She's my inspiration (if she were a soup - you would call her Inspiration soup). She has this blog, and is always talking about it. I'm not nearly the technical wizard that she is - so my blog will probably always look like crap... but I figured I'd give this thing a try.

I'm just going to get blogging- so that the boredom doesn't seep so quickly into your brain that you drool all over your desk and fall asleep... Oh and hopefully you will keep reading.


***
I was thinking as I woke up this morning that I'm a pretty lucky girl. I have the man of my dreams snoring (and sweating) up a storm next to me, cramps are attacking my uterus, and I didn't dream of anyone dying last night. (Unfortunately that really is true - I've been having strange dreams lately where everyone I know is kicking the bucket). My anxiety of returning to work was minimized by the fact that I was given more work?!!! And there's some bird squawking outside my window... literally right outside. Anyhow, the point is, that I'm happy today. I woke up optimistic. Did I mention that I woke up early?

I went to a dietitian... and that was even a positive experience. I left feeling hopeful, not scared that she would make me starve to death.

Anyhow - I am excited to be alive. I am happy that I have a body that can do triathlons, climb, hike - and explore this beautiful world. I am happy to have great friends that are truly here for me.

Life is good. For today.
Ps- this picture was taken on an awesome adventure in Zion's... another reminder of another good day.

No comments: