Monday, November 15, 2010

1st Birthday

Alta is 1 year old.  I can't believe it.  My baby has already lived on this earth for an entire year!  What?!!  Time really does fly, and I can't believe how much she has changed.  In so many ways I just want to stop everything, and stay here... right in this moment... FOREVER.  Luckily, there is just so much joy in watching her grow and change - that I feel lucky to get to be there for that too. 

At one year Alta:
Weighs:  24 lbs 2 oz
Height:  31 1/2 inches
Walks by holding on to things
Has two teeth (bottom front)
Drinks from her own sippy cup
Says Dada constantly, and Momma if she is in complete desperation
Says Alta
Says "Doh" for No
Says "Deh" for Yes
LOVES to hit Mommy in the face (not my favorite developmental milestone)
Will pick peas out of any meal - just to eat them first
Is still very much a Daddy's girl

Here are some pictures from her first Birthday Cake:

As you can see, she loves it!

You can see her little tooth on the bottom.  So cute!

Eating is great - but sometimes, it just tuckers her out. 

If you would like to see the full video of her eating her cake, check this out, oh and this !



For Veterans Day weekend we took a trip up to the North Carolina Zoo.  It was a massive Zoo, with huge habitats.  Great for the animals.... not so great for a one year old to be able to really pick the animals out.  Nevertheless, we had a great time. 

1st carousel ride:

Who doesn't feel like "cracking up" sometimes?

Lovin' her chubby cheeks...

Alta's found her favorite animal!  She loves Elephants (just like her Mommy!)

Alta, it has been an incredible honor to be your mother this year.  I am so grateful that the Lord chose to send you to us.  I am happier than I've ever been, and it has everything to do with watching you grow up.  I love you, and can't wait for this next year.  But please, stop hitting Mommy in the face. 

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Aww so sweet! Happy birthday, Alta! You look fantastic, Brenna!

J. said...

Happy Birthday to you Miss Alta! Jaimie loves you very much and wishes that she could give you a big huge Birthday Girl hug!!

Gwen said...

I love getting notifications of new posts! Happy B-day Alta! What a cutie she is! My favorite is her smiling with the cake all over her face... oh and the one with you and her on the carosel. You are just beaming Bren. You look so happy. I'm so happy for you! Love you and miss you!

drenewt said...

What a cutie! Can't wait for our own first year!!

Katie said...

Those videos were just too cute! I love love love the picture of you two on the carousel. Here's to another great year Alta!

Jenny said...

Yay Alta! Getting big! Give Bren a smack for me, right in the face! Just kidding. Love you guys

Kristen said...

You are so hilarous! I love hearing your "voice" again. You're just comparing this North Carolina zoo to Alabama's own Mike McCritter's! Alta is so beautiful and so are you...I love your hair! Miss you!