Monday, May 3, 2010

Life in Alabama is great. I know... did I just say that? But it is true! I feel like I'm finally hitting my stride with this whole "being a mom" and "living in Alabama" thing. I'm figuring out how to be me (keeping my own sense of an identity), while being a mom,a wife, a vegetarian, etc. I'm also figuring out that my life entirely depends upon working out. I know that could seem kind of lame to some people - but honestly, it makes me so happy. Also, I really like the side effects.


I started running with my friend Amy back in February. It started out as just the two of us - but we quickly figured out that everything is more fun when you get to share what you love. Now, we have quite a few girls that regularly get up and come running with us in the morning. Amy just returned back to her native land of Idaho - and this is a quick pic we took of her last run. It's only been 3 runs since she's been gone - and I miss her dearly. See you at Spudman Amy (Yes I convinced her to do it with me!)

Left to right: Katie, Challis, Emilie, Christina, Kristen, me, Amy & lots of kids!

Meanwhile, my friend Jaimie has been sewing up a storm for her Etsy site. She convinced me to be her "model" - HA! But the girl has amazing camera skills - and took a picture of me that I actually like. So I'm posting it... as reminder to myself that at 6 months post baby - you can like yourself and your body... I must remember this!

Jaren has been really busy with flight school. He is in the Blackhawk portion of training. He is gone all day - almost every day. He gets to see me right before bed, and Alta during his midnight trips to check on her. Other than that - he gets to see her on the weekends. No worries... she is such a Daddy's girl. Always and forever!

We took a quick trip to Falling Waters State Park this past weekend. It was a lot of fun. We went with some of the family's here from our church. I truly feel lucky to have so many good friends from church.
You have to kind of joke about this trip though. The waterfall is Florida's largest - at a mere 73 feet. It reminds me of something you would drive by on a freeway back home... but here - well it's State Park-worthy! At any rate - it was a good trip with good friends!

Once again, I'm sitting here feeling grateful. I am enjoying this period of my life, and thankful for those that are in it. I am one lucky girl!
Oh, and one last thing - we found out that our next stop in this journey will be Ft. Bragg, North Carolina. Once I processed that it wasn't Hawaii or Germany, or anything on our list of choices - I was fine. Ft. Bragg looks like it will have plenty for us to do - and it will be return to veggie friendly places and people. All in all - it must be where the Lord wants us to go next... Can't wait to find out why!

9 comments:

4everboys said...

awesome! you look great! how many miles do you run a day and for how long? i need encouragment cuz I just started running again and want to lose my weight sooo bad! so let me know, please!!!

The Patty Cake House said...

You are so fun!!!! I'm glad that I am blessed to know you!!!

~The Dippold's said...

I know what you mean, I feel so much better when I exercise! You guys are amazing! How fun to have workout buddies! What advice do you have to someone that wants to start running and wanting to lose weight. I really want to do a 5k in October so any advice on training would be great! I know it is only a 5k but I figured I would start somewhere. I can't believe you guys will be leaving already. It seems like just yesterday when I met you. Good Luck on your new adventures!

The Hill Family said...

Brenna, I love your blog! We are blogging too at thehillsadventures.blogspot.com
It's nice to know who the huge running group is. We have seen you a few times and want to join in:)

Leenz said...

Never underestimate the power of a good run! See you soon!

Jenny Kuhni said...

Oh Brenna you look amazing, and that yoga mat bag is so cool, so cool!!!! I really miss you and the girls back there. I will never forget it and the memories we have from there with all you amazing friends!! Fort Bragg is sooo so lucky to be getting you!!! Jealous!!!

Krystle :) said...

we camped at that state park last mother's day :) the "waterfall" made me laugh and really miss the beautiful ones in yosemite back home!! but it was an "alabama" adventure none the less. glad you saw and enjoyed it! and ps - you should be proud of yourself. you are one rockin momma!!! keep up the great work friend. and alta is adorable, as always!

Amy C said...

Brenna, I'm glad you remembered your camera. Runs aren't the same here :(. Could you please e-mail them to me? I have a blog post i'm working on, and I need a copy of them. Thanks!

Marnie said...

HOLY COW Bren, you look FANTASTIC! I hear you on the working out, it's my sanity as well. Wonderful Christopher takes care of Cole for a couple hours in the evenings so I can go to the gym after Jack is asleep. It's my life saver!
What a fun trip as well, you guys all look amazing! Can't wait to see you!