Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Daddy's making cookies

Jaren loves to make cookies. It's HIS thing. Which I don't mind - because of all the baked treats - they are my least favorite to make.

So I'm in the other room, when I hear the usual cookie making noises. Then I remember that Jaren also has Alta. Then I hear him teaching Alta how to make cookies. So I listen in for a bit... all the while with a smile on my face.

"This is an egg, chickens make them... but I'm not telling you how."
"This is granulated sugar... see how white it is."
"This is brown sugar - we have to pack it... I'm not sure why - but the recipe says to... so we are gonna."

So I slowly sneak around the corner to see this:


I quickly grabbed my camera and began taking pictures... because.. this was just too cute!

"I don't know Dad. Why do we pack brown sugar?"
"I'll hold the bowl... you mix."
"Mmmm... Cookies!"
"Mom, I love you, but I'm in cahoots with Daddy.... and he sure is great!"







5 comments:

me said...

Dude! Alta is so stinking cute! I can't believe.

xoxoxo

Amy C said...

That is so cute to "overhear" what he was telling her. He is a good daddy.

Leenz said...

She is super cute! Daddies are good for things like that.

Jenny Kuhni said...

Oh my gosh! The cutest little thing ever! And that is so cute about Jaren talking to her about the cookie recipe. Hey, the funnest thing ever.... my mom has a really good friend here that sounds and talks exactly like you, same inflection and everything. I LOVE IT!!!! If I close my eyes it's Brenna! :)

heatherrimmer said...

Ohmygosh. The last picture.... Priceless!