Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Come Out! Come Out! Wherever You Are!

Dear Alta,
Oh my precious little Alta James Brooks! I can not wait for you to get here. Your room is almost ready... Your Daddy is almost ready... You Mommy is definitely ready!
Here are some things I know about you:
  • You are a mover! You slowed down for a few days, and had Daddy making Mommy call the Dr just to check if you were alright. We spent the next few days counting your kicks. Even when you were slow you more than doubled what the Dr. said you should be able to do in an hour before we should start to get worried.
  • You love Mommy's left Rib. A lot!
  • You are in "cahoots" with Daddy. He tells you to kick, and you do. You really like the sound of his voice, because you kick a lot when he talks.
  • You have so much personality already, that I think I'm going to be in for a wild ride.

Love,

Your Mommy

Dear Brenna,

You will get through this. You will survive. See this picture? For a brief moment in time (a moment that I'm sure one of your dear friends fasted for) - you were out of pain. You were truly happy. It will happen again... I promise. Everyone keeps telling you it will all be worth it. You already know this to be true... just remember it when rocks try to escape your kidneys. You are blessed beyond measure to have people that love and care for you. And you KNOW that you are never really alone. God knows you, He loves you, and understands every feeling you are having at this time. Remember and cherish these moments - they are a gift.

Love,

Your Inner Mommy





9 comments:

Leenz said...

The best post ever! I love the pictures- about 1 month to go!!

Gwen said...

Bren - I LOVE YOU! Your posts always brighten my day...or make me cry like this one because it touched my heart! And that black and white pic of your belly... wow! It's really beautiful. Did you take that? It looks professional! This is really cool how you wrote these in letter form. Love it! Thanks for finally posting and for showing me beautiful pics of your growing bump! Love it! Love you!!!!
Gwen

Marci Brooks said...

Oh my word! I can't wait for Alta! I'm so excited for you guys and so sad for me that I won't be able to see her right when she is born! I can't wait until Christmas when you bring me my sweet baby! :) Love you and miss you!

D. James said...

Wowzers! Looks like the turkey timer has popped. Should be soon, eh?

me said...

Brenna,

You will get through this! You're strong and brilliant and loving and feisty.

There only *is* ;)

xoxo, Meghan



Alta,

Stop kicking your mother's ribs.

xoxo, Auntie Meghan

Russ and Emily Christman said...

You look adoreable. Good luck with everything. I will love to see a pix of the nursery.

Cheryl said...

Such a great post. I love catching up on your life through your blog. So... I saw a picture of you in my class today. You were playing Halo (I never realized you were the type :) Thomas Clayton was my teacher for my research class that just ended today. He showed some pictures from his research and the one of you was blurry, but I was thinking... "yeah... I'm pretty sure that's brenna.." Anyway, just wanted you to know you're famous.

J. said...

Dear Brenna,
You are doing such a wonderful job! We are so proud of you and know that you are going to make an amazing mommy. Alta knows that you are working so hard and going through so much to help her to grow. She will always have a stong bond with you because of all that you are going through together. Great job and we love and think of you always.
Love, Jaimie, Nate, and Aiden

Jenny Kuhni said...

Oh Brenna!
Can I just say how much I want to see you again! And Alta... come, on, time for your dear mother, she needs you out! :) Brenna, you never cease to amaze me, you and Jaren both. I love you and agree with your friend Gwen, laughter and tears, tears on this one for sure. I love you!!!!!!!! Heart strings... being pulled... all the time! :)
Love, Jen