Thursday, July 5, 2007

What am I thinking?

I just signed up for the Utah Half Triathlon. Half in this case stands for Half- Ironman.

A Half Ironman consists of:

1.2 miles of swimming - no river this time :( It's an open water swim in Utah lake.

56 miles of biking (around Utah lake)

13.1 miles of running... also around Utah lake.


The good news - it's flat.

That bad news - its one right after the other baby.


My goals:

#1 - Finish

#2 - To do so under 6 hours. I think that's a pretty realistic time for me. Maybe. I might need to update this.... as I think about it more.



If you want to do this with me, or just check out the website - http://www.utahhalf.com/


wish me luck!!!

5 comments:

embeins said...

You're F-ing nuts, but have fun and best of luck. As the website says, this means you're graduating from Olympic tris to big stuff now.

Oh Shi*

Russ and Emily Christman said...

Your awesome Brenna. I would do it with you but I think I should conquer something like spudman to start with.

Anneliese und Klaus said...

Juhuuuuuu!!!!

Anneliese und Klaus said...

Ops! that Juhuuuu was because I know now how to post a comment :).
So Brenna and Jaren, we are now in Oregon and we try to climb the smith rocks. it's beautiful here, but unfortunately we have to go back to las vegas soon!
good luck for your triathlon in august! it will be a gmahte wiesn for you! :)
a & k

Leenz said...

time for a post, B!